Wednesday, December 19, 2012

This is as close as I've gotten to capturing a shooting star.
The Geminid showers were great this year.  I tested my winter
camping gear and stopped counting at about 100.
There were fireballs with tails.
 Flashes of light without a
streamer, like a star going pop.
 And even some double shooting stars, two at once
in the same direction, different directions and different parts of the sky.

Life has gotten a little easier for me and a lot more fun for my
son who can now split kindling for the stove, he loves it. So do I!

Came home to find this large buck napping just in front
of our house on the side of the road.  I think he's been hanging
around our area for the last few years.

A good early winter snow and the chard is nestled
nicely under their cloches.


A pair of scissors and a bowl is all you need.
I use it mostly in miso soup instead of spinach
and also treat it just like broccoli rabe.


1 comment:

  1. I found out about the shower the day after the peak but it got cloudy and rainy that night so I couldn't go watch.

    Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete