Saturday, August 23, 2008



After taking this picture I did something incredibly stupid. I jumped from a large boulder down to a smaller boulder in the middle of the river behind the house. I have done this in the same location probably hundreds of times. But today, I stepped onto a mossy patch instead of a dry rocky patch of boulder. I slipped and fell backwards almost 2 meters through the air, and into about 1 meter of water. I had the presence of mind to extend the camera up (wasn't using the waterproof housing) and splashed down into the water. I saved the camera, but very narrowly missed bashing the back of my head in to the boulder. Had that happened, I hate to think of what would have become of me. Probably would have drown in 3 feet of water in my own backyard. Gives me chills. Got the picture though.

No comments:

Post a Comment