Friday, May 30, 2008

land survey- chisekichousa



Got this great aerial shot of field #1 from the mountain in Itoi. It looks fairly nice and orderly from this altitude using the zoom. Had to climb a pine tree to get the shot. The guys in the survey party thought I was nuts, acting like a tourist.

Today was a chisekichousa- or land survey for my mother in laws mountain land. Most older people around her village have a plot or two of nearly 'useless' land up in the steep mountains surrounding the valley. Today we, the land owners and survey team staked borders and agreed on borders. It was very interesting and I marked everything with my GPS. Most of mom's land is extremely rugged, steep, remote. I did find a couple of promising campsites and mushroom huntin sites, though. All in all it's only a few acres of long narrow strips running up the mountainside.

No comments:

Post a Comment